Benefits and Concerns of Same Day Dental Implants
by Dr. Scott Bolding | Dec. 14, 2021
Who Are Same-Day Dental Implants Right For?Health-wise, the ideal patient for same-day implants is, overall, a healthy individual (a non-smoker, without an autoimmune disease, gum disease, or chronic disease, who has good oral hygiene, and does not clench or grind their teeth). Same-day implants may even be essential for some patients, including those who have missing, diseased, or damaged teeth and need immediate repair. In terms of choice or convenience, one reason teeth in a day may be best for you is if you have a deadline. Maybe there’s an event or activity you are hoping to replace your teeth for, like the first day back to school or a wedding, holiday, vacation, etc. Whatever it may be, teeth in a day would be a great option to get you ready for that special day quicker. Another reason this option might work best for you is if you have a tight or busy schedule. Maybe you don’t have the time for multiple appointments and recoveries. Maybe you have work or school. Trying to balance your home life with the time it takes to get dental implants can be hard. Or perhaps you’re simply tired of the gaps in your teeth and would like to fill them in as soon as possible. You want the surgery over and done with, and you want a greater level of confidence in your smile. Teeth in a day can certainly make that happen. You will be able to go back to normal and gain confidence much quicker.
Pros & Cons of Same-Day Dental Implants
Let's Get Back to Normal.
Dental implants can help you get back to what you were missing. Implants look and feel like natural teeth so you can eat what you want and smile with confidence.
Our dental implant specialists are ready to help you get started.
- They are convenient and cause minimal disruption to your life.
- The surgery is completed in just one day, so there’s no waiting period to get your replacement teeth; you get immediate results.
- With quicker smile restoration comes quicker self-confidence.
- They allow implants to fuse to your jaw bone more easily.
- Your gums will heal faster, and there’s a slimmer chance of infection due to teeth concealing the surgical site from food and germs.
- The long-term success rate is similar to that of conventional dental implants. In fact, the success rate, already high at 90-95%, is only continuing to improve.
- At PRECiDENT, our unique and comprehensive approach with robotic technology helps us plan the safest, most precise surgeries, down to the micrometer.
- They cannot bypass the bone grafting step. If your jaw requires additional bone mass, you still have to undergo surgery and wait for the site to completely heal before the implant procedure can take place.
- Swelling and discomfort are more likely to occur after same-day implant surgeries than conventional ones.
- Although the risk is low, they are slightly more likely to fail or loosen quicker than traditional implants.
Helping You Get a Smile You Can be Proud of.
If you think same-day implants will work best for you, feel free to speak with a PRECiDENT specialist today to determine your next step. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at one of the numbers listed on the bottom of our website.